Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finally. Cover drawing almost finished.


I've been slammed by storyboard work for the past two weeks so I've been off Xiola duty. Now I'm back and I haven't much time left before the San Diego Con. I want to finish the cover art for Xiola #1 so I can bring it as promotional artwork. I might print them up as posters and hand them out. I'd like have the original watercolor painting of both Xiola #1 cover and Wanderings Cover set up on easels for fun decoration to my booth. I always like seeing the original artwork of my favorite artists.

Josh Gorchov is too busy managing his Creative Agency www.theloudcloud.com to join me down to San Diego so I'll be manning my booth solo. I've got my place all set up. I'm thinking of printing up 500 copies of Wanderings with the cover image of Xiola #1 printed on the back as an ad.

I've got to get my marketing brain kicking over the next two weeks. How will I stand out among all the other rags? I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. this is looking quite rad. there is a real shark with your monster's jaw mechanism.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWC4TLXqa3c&

    whaa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shark is crazy! But my cave beast's mouth actually works more like a gelada's mouth. A gelada is a relation to the baboon. They can curl their lips back so far their nose disappears. http://tinyurl.com/lvgwys

    ReplyDelete