Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday

Yet another good day at the Con. I wasn't able to work as much on my painting today as I had a ton of foot traffic. I was yapping most of the day with passers by and talking comics. Pierre Barnard from the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien stopped by and got one of my books. He's a big comic book fan, and a real nice guy.

I met with Christina Strain, an amazing colorist. http://justaddninjas.com/ I picked up a sketchbook from her with some fantastic artwork.

Gonna get some sleep tonight. I could barely stand by the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Will,

    Nice to meet you at Comic-Con. I finally sat down to read Wanderings : San Francisco, CA. I actually like how short it is and look forward to other "wanderings" volumes. Just as a note, I attended the Charles Vess how to session and he mentioned that he was now using water color pencils because traveling with ink was too difficult and creating paint chips too involved. Just something to consider when you travel. Charles said he's got a new project coming out that is totally done with watercolor pencils.

    Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my short. And thanks for the suggestions. I haven't yet played with watercolor pencils. But if it's good enough for Vess, it's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete