Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Preview Night at the Con


Tonight was preview night at the San Diego Comic Con. From 5:30-9PM the Con was open to all professionals, press, and 4 day ticket holders. I got there to set up my booth and saw that I was a couple of tables down from Damon Bard, a fantastic sculptor who's done a lot of work with Tippett Studio. http://www.bardsculpturestudio.com/

I was surprisingly nervous setting up my table and preparing in general. It's been a long time since I've put my personal work out there, but people seemed to receive it pretty well. I sold a bunch of copies of Wanderings for $1 each. Basically, just making my money back on what I spent on the printing.

I'm in a really great location, near the bathrooms and just by the side aisle so I get a lot of foot traffic. Luckily, the lighting at my booth is very good, and I was able to paint a little tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to work on my Xiola cover all day. I'm going to try and finish it before the end of the con.

A special thanks to my wife Analia, who has been beside me all day. I'd be way more lost without her help. Thanks, babe.

I'll post again tomorrow night and show you the progress I made on my cover painting.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Will. Kick some ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Willie! Looks like a lot of fun! Best of luck. -George

    ReplyDelete