Monday, May 18, 2009

Color test for the cover


My cover sketch for the first issue of Xiola had been bothering me, but not until a talk with my brother Jordan (ww.jordandomont.com), did I realize what to do. The original sketch was too far away. You didn't get a good look at the characters, nor did you feel part of the action. I like this close up view. Same action, but much more intense. Thanks, bro.

I was going to try and finish the final painting this weekend, but I ended up tightening up my main character design, and playing around with this composition. I think I'm going to be much happier. I threw in some preliminary type just to get an idea of where I'm going to go with it.
So this is a quick color sketch I did in Photoshop. I will be doing the final work in watercolor, but I was doing all this resizing and type stuff so it was quicker to play around on the computer.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. thats what I am talking about!
    you nailed it!
    Thanks for the press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! I love catching up to all of this, your telling of the "Make of..." is exciting!

    ReplyDelete