Tuesday, April 21, 2009

L7

I received my letter of confirmation letting me know my booth number at the San Diego Comic Con. L7. Check it out.

I am starting to plan my trip to San Diego. I've got to figure out where I'm staying and how I'm getting there and all that. I think I'd like to drive so I can carry a bunch of comics. Giving away free stuff is the best way to get people to come to your booth. I've got a ton of old Xiola comics I might give away, while I may sell my Wanderings book for $1 a pop. That's about how much they cost to print so I'd almost break even on them. I don't think I'm going to get together a preview edition of my new Xiola book ready in time, but there is info about it in the back of Wanderings. I may print up fliers or something to hand out as well.

Convention people need free stuff handed to them or they wander away looking for Vampirella costumed teenagers and Princess Leia in slave outfit girls. They've got short attention spans.

I've got a storyboard gig I've got to do tonight and tomorrow, so I won't be back to Xiola production for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Hey bro, great to see you're going to San Diego Comic Con! Have fun down there! By the way, let me know if you need some PR help... I think I can still fit my beer belly into my Princess Leia slave girl outfit... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, L7 is kind of a cool designation. It's got rotational symmetry. Plus you can make the L7 symbol with your hands.

    ReplyDelete