Thursday, April 16, 2009

Slow Progress

I sent in my BOE form to The San Diego Con to secure my spot along with my check for the booth. I'll be sharing the booth with my friend Josh Gorchov who's working on an illustrated book. They only gave us two exhibitor badges. When I used to do the comic con back in the day we had four of us in the company and we each got badges. I was going to see if my little brother Jordan wanted to join us at the con to sell some prints of his work. He's an illustrator of his own right. Check out his work at http://www.jordandomont.com/ But the con is already mostly sold out, so I'm going to have to ask for an extra badge for him and possibly one for Fred Aquino, another of my comic book compatriots. Check out Fred's blog at http://sketchbookofdoom.blogspot.com/

I've been super slow on my comic book production. I've been super tired lately. I think I work best under tight deadlines, and so I'm just postponing my work to make my deadline seem impossible, then I'll crank it into high gear.

Translating from story form to comic book layout doesn't work so well. I keep finding that my dialog is too wordy to fit in the panels, so I'm ripping out anything unnecessary. Also, I'd guesstimated on how many pages I was going to have. Now that I've settled on 24 I'm finding that there are more places I should trim the actions. If I can add two ideas into one and make it play better the one time, I can conserve on pages so I can spread out a few times. I've been cramming a ton of info on each page and I'd like to have a few pages of big panels, especially when you first meet the beasts.

Here's a few of the Sidian councilmen. I like the idea that they've got big tattoos that go along their arms and face, and their fingers are painted black. They'll each be dressed differently, but all have similar tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment