Saturday, April 18, 2009

Inspiration

Inspiration is important to creation. In fact, it's pretty darn necessary. Sometimes I don't feel inspired to work on anything related to my comic. At those times, I just work on something else. Anything that comes to mind. I love random thought art. Stream of consciousness stuff. It's therapeutic. A guy at my work, Jess Vickery, is a master at stream of consciusness art. Every day he's got a new piece of paper sitting at his desk with tons of little drawings of weird characters and strange imagery. Great stuff. Reminds me of Shel Silverstein art.

I am going to go camping tomorrow with some friends and I'll be bringing my sketchbook along for some random art fun. I'll be taking a break from production and just being creative for cretivity's sake. If I do anything interesting I'll post it on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment