Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wanderings (San Francisco, CA)

I've come up with a title for my Get Flunk short. I'm calling it Wanderings. This particular short will be Wanderings (San Francisco, CA). I made this story based off photos I shot in San Francisco. I always liked the idea of creating comics where the backgrounds were based off real places and not just made up cities. That you could recognize a skyline, or a particular street seems really cool to me. What if you could tell that Batman was in San Francisco, and not just because the Golden Gate Bridge is in every other panel, but because he's down on Bush Street or on the corner of Folsom and Langton.

I could do a Wanderings story for every city I visit. I'll base places and characters off those I meet in my travels. Get Flunk will be the main character in all of them. And in each he will encounter some odd inhabitants, and do some strange things. Fun Stuff. But before I do any other issues of Wanderings, I've got to spend the next year bringing Xiola to life.

I've also come up with a name for my publishing company. Uncommon Entertainment. I've done a preliminary trademark check, but haven't registered it yet, so don't go stealing it from me before I get a chance to acquire it.

I've got to send in the final printed Wanderings comic to the San Diego Comic Con board within the next two weeks, so this weekend has got to be real productive. I might be able to pencil the cover tomorrow, but more likely I'll finish the drawing part on Friday or Saturday and finish the watercolor by Sunday.

I love deadlines. They burn you like a good workout. I can't wait to finish this short so I can get back to Xiola. I may try and finish a watercolor piece for Xiola and put it on the back of Wanderings as an ad for Xiola. It all depends on how much I get finished by this weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Looking good Slim! Totally looking forward to the final. I want the next issue of Wanderings to be in Portland.

    ReplyDelete