Thursday, January 8, 2009

Comic Con requirements

The San Diego Comic Con is coming up in August. I have reserved a table, but the commmision needs to see a published book from me by the end of this month.
There's no way I can finish my comic by then or by the end of next month, so I'm going to scramble to see what comic work I can put together into a book form and send.

I might publish my "Get Flunk" story. It's an 8 page comic I did a while back but never published. It's about an odd kid living in San Francisco. It is a watercolor piece, like I'm planning to do with my Xiola comic, but I inked it, whereas I'm hoping to just do pencils and watercolor for my new book. All I need to do is a front and back inside and outside covor for it and BAM! I've got a comic book.

That's my plan for the month. I'll put Xiola production on hold to secure my San Diego Comic Con table. I'll keep you posted with the progress.

Here's a sample page of the Get Flunk short.Get is kind of an odd character. He's based physically off my friend Josh Gorchov I (check out Josh's badass illustration work at www. gorchov.com) and his character is somewhat based off the crazy stories Josh told of when he lived in San Francisco. He never did any of the bizarre things I've got him doing in my comic, but he has some great stories. Ask him about the insane ninja who tried to fight off the cops in his back alley with his ninja weapons. That's a good one.




No comments:

Post a Comment