Tuesday, June 2, 2009

some sketches and what-not


I've been playing around with Eleya's design because I wasn't totally happy with it. Before doing the cover piece I want to make sure she's looking good. I originally had her with a cape, but it busied her up too much, so I took it off. Now I'm playing with the idea of giving her tails on her vest, like a pianist. Basically, I want some more flowing robe type stuff for cool lines. Compared to Robel she was looking kind of plain, and as she's my main character I want her to stand out more. Here's some sketches I did today. I'm going to try to tighten her up this week and bang out the cover this weekend. We'll see.

Also, I'm looking to buy a saddle stitch stapler. My print company told me they'd give me a better deal on printing if I stapled myself. Heck, I've got a garage. I may end up creating my own print shop in there. Buy a printer that folds and staples and I'm done. Those run somewhere in the thousands, so for now I'm just going to settle for a good saddle stitch stapler.

Looking forward to the convention. Not a lot of time left. I've still got to get accomodations, print up more copies of Wanderings, get this cover art finished for Xiola, and probably a ton more stuff I'm forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment