Monday, September 14, 2009

Page 1 finally started in my NEW STUDIO.


I've been so swamped with extra work and what-not that I am only now getting onto page 1 of Xiola. I found the original design for page 1 to be lacking so I added a cool twisted, dead tree. The original design with only the rock formations seemed like an empty panel until I added the tree. Down on the left of the photo is my sketch. On the right, on a piece of watercolor paper is the beginnings of the final drawing. I've really got to start hustling now as APE is approaching and I've got nothing new to show since San Diego.

Another thing that has been slowing me down is that we recently moved my son Kodo out of his room and turned it into my office. The setup in my new office is much better with way better natural lighting. We are in the middle of remodeling the old office into a room for Kodo. It's a larger room with its own bathroom, so he's really excited. We've been tearing out cabinets, repairing water damage to the floors and walls, and installing central heating. Tomorrow night I will be sanding down and cleaning the walls for painting prep. Then we've got to buy and install the carpet, then add baseboard and trim. We're trying to finish his room by his birthday, Oct 3. Kodo's going to be staying in the guest room until the room is complete.

I just need to learn to live without sleep and I will be able to finish all my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment