Thursday, October 15, 2009

Darn Photos


I've been having trouble taking photos of my artwork to create prints from. The photo on the top is one I took a few months back when I was almost finished with the cover. The photo looks nice, with natural white and good darks, but the painting was not complete at the time I took the photo. The photo on the bottom is of the completed painting as it is currently, but the photo is washed out and yellow and looks like crap because I couldn't get decent natural lighting. The one on the top was taken on a sunny day with some nice indirect light. I can't make prints of the Xiola cover from the photos I have of the final piece, nor can I get the correct lighting with my crappy lamps I've got at my house. Tomorrow would be the last day for getting prints made, so it looks like I won't have any Xiola prints for sale at APE. dammit.

I hate not having the proper tools.

-Will-

No comments:

Post a Comment